Saturday, November 25, 2006

a fun day

It's been incredible to have so much time off this weekend. I found that I needed two full days of sleeping in, clearing a pathway in my room, watching movies, shopping at Target, and visiting the Museum of Fine Arts before I felt real. The warm weather these past two days has been a cheerful little smile from God, and I finally feel that I'm ready to hit the ground running again on Monday.

Today I did two photo sessions. In the morning I went to visit a family in their home and made some photos of their young son with his mom and dad before his mom has twins. I love pregnant women and I love twins. And hanging out with a 3 1/2 year old all morning is definitely my idea of a good time.

Though this session was definitely a learning experience involving the attention span of an almost-four child, I think we were able to capture a few spontaneous and beautiful moments, like Daniel lounging on the bed with his mother, or building me a bookshelf on his toolbench with his father. Kids and their very real imaginations are so very lovely!

As if that wasn't enough, I met an amazing woman named Andrea this afternoon. Andrea is an event planner who is bringing Bliss Events to New England. She wanted some funky headshots before she jetted off to the ten-year high school reunion she had organized for tonight. I haven't had a chance to go through the images yet, but this one jumped out. It furthers my theory that red walls make every person on the planet look stunning (not that she needs help -- she is put-together and crisp).

No comments: