Tuesday, March 06, 2007

$99 bridal gown sale?!

One of the things most men don't get (and never will) is why a woman would spend $1000-$3000 on a dress she will only wear once. To be honest, my practical side doesn't get it either, though I have certainly learned to appreciate the sheer beauty of the dresses some of my brides have chosen in the past few years. I love watching a woman, especially one who is less of a princess in everyday life, in those first few moments as she slips into the gown. It is pure magic. Nothing cheesy, just raw emotion.

My practical side really loves the idea of getting a truly beautiful dress at an amazing price. So when I just saw something for David's Bridal advertising a $99 dress sale it reminds me of the "running of the brides" at Filene's Basement, minus all that running and grabbing!

No comments: