Wednesday, April 04, 2007

and now it rains.

Tonight I got back from a week in California on a combined work-play vacation. Can I just say that one day I was wearing flip flops and driving in a porsche with the top down, doing beach photos... and another day, imagine my depression when the plane touched down and I looked out the window to be greeted by wet and persistent snow. Boston, what's up with your temper tantrums this year?



California was sunny and mild (summer compared to here, but not yet scorching). The air was clear the day I got to Los Angeles (meaning we could actually see the mountains for once) and my Boston-induced seasonal affective disorder was cheered mightily by the sunshiney brightness that is southern california.

During the week I hit Pasadena, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Jose. I had a chance to catch up with friends and walk through a couple of afternoons without worrying about work. It was great.

And now it's tax time! And I have to catch up on emails! And I have an entire wedding plus family session to process! And I am getting on another plane on Friday.

One thing of note was the post-wedding beach photo session I did with Michelle and Paul. It's the first time I have actually been able to do this, and it is a completely different experience from day-of couple formals. They were dressed casually, similar to an engagement session, but there was an electricity and sexual anticipation that came through since they were no longer worried about wedding activity and very comfortable with one another.



I'll post a link when I have a chance to get through some more and pull out selects. Suffice it to say I am now a HUGE fan of post-wedding photo sessions. It's special.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Hey, I saw your ad on craigslist for a wedding photographer... The ad was advertising for the next few months, and I'm actually getting married on July 20... it's a friday though, so I thought that maybe you'd still be available, as Fridays are far less typical than Saturday weddings in the summer. Though we're not getting married in any sort of super unique venue, I'd say that we are definately a fun couple and would love to have some unique pictures! You can email me at veganpiranha@gmail.com if you think this might work with you!

Thanks