Monday, February 04, 2008

destination: San Francisco!

I have to say that it is with mixed feelings that I head back over to the left coast. I am so excited to marry him, to have so many friends around for this huge, culturally explosive party we're planning.... and yet part of me still wants to elope and have a very small quiet wedding somewhere remote where people will not be trying to give us crystal candlesticks all over the place.



One of the things that is sweetening the trip for me is a chance to see so many talented new friends. Photographer Kali Kraum did some engagement photos for us back in October and I'll be hanging out with her, I am lunching with Junshien Lau, a talented San Jose photographer I met at a workshop in NYC, I will get to photograph a Friday wedding with delightful Sarah Maren, and I'll be so honored and a little bit intimidated to meet up with Brook and/or Alisha.

3 comments:

k-bomb said...

I say do both! Vic and I got married in December with 7 people present and in May we're having the sha-bang. It's going to be a PAR-TAY!

Ben said...

Congrats, Rachel!! I remember feeling so overwhelmed with wedding plans, but it makes settling into married life so much more enjoyable. Many blessings.

Anne said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! Lots of hugs!!