Friday, July 14, 2006

Rhode Island is for lovers

On July 6th, I made my way to Newport, Rhode Island. I happen to love this tiny state. I knew a little bit about Goat Island from passing through in March (we expected... goats. But didn't find any! It's a little resort island taken over by a Hyatt and a large parking lot.) I was excited to meet Jenn and Mike, who asked not to have engagement photos because he's a little bit self-conscious.

Gwyn and I showed up early, 8:15am, to catch a few photos of the bride (who had been getting ready since six!). Jennifer looked gorgeous already and didn't give us the opportunity to catch her looking... ahem... less than spectacular (usually no makeup, hair less than gorgeous, old clothes, etc.). She runs a tight ship!



I really liked Jenn's choices. Her dress was accented by a triple strand of pearls, and she had a veil that was reminiscent of 1920s class. It was gorgeous together.



The father of the bride was definitely my favorite of the guests. Between Gwyn and I we took a LOT of photos of this moppish, lovable fellow.



I'm not done processing the photos yet, but I wanted to leave you with one of my early favorites:




Coming later: ceremony photos and the gorgeous, very pregnant matron of honor!

No comments: