Friday, August 04, 2006

meet... Gwyneth

Sometimes people ask me about my packages, which include a second photographer or assistant. They wonder why not just save cost and work alone. I try to explain that similar to the marriage of two people, working with another photographer for an event creates an amazing synergy that is more than the sum of its parts. So far my experience has been consistent: the times when I work with another artist are more fun and joyous all around, which then makes the photo output so much better. Part of that is having another set of eyes/hands/feet means better coverage. More than that, a second opinion, a friend to remind you to stop and eat a chocolate-covered strawberry, and someone to secretly laugh with when Uncle Fred is out busting a move on the dance floor with his belt loaded up with electronic gadget holsters.

I want to introduce you to my assistant and co-photographer, Gwyneth.




Here's what she has to say about her work:

We've all seen it...the gorgeous view from a frost-covered window out to a world freshly blanketed in white, and we've probably all tried to capture that moment, too. Invariably, we're disappointed to see telephone wires and other mundane details marring a perfect memory. I love the challenge of seeing the moment and striving to capture it in a way that will do its memory justice. Life does not face us head-on, chin tilted at a 45 degree angle, and ask us to smile and say 'cheese.' I believe truly beautiful images are the ones that capture the true essence of people and places we pass everyday and maybe never really see.


No comments: