Wednesday, October 11, 2006

big momma and teeny tiny human

Wow, what a rollercoaster the last couple of weeks has been! I photographed some really beautiful and amazing wedding celebrations -- including a very Cape Cod / New England wedding, a [Jewish] ketubah signing and havdalah service, and a neat couple who hired a schoolbus as their limo and held the service on a golf green at a country club.

I've been having a bit of equipment drama - my trusty camera which has served me well for the past few years is getting geriatric and somewhat unreliable, which is yet another reason it's good practice to carry two cameras with you at all times in this line of work. And another reason that I love working with a second photographer who is able to double-cover all of the important things.

At the end of last week, I also had some issues with losing a bunch of digital image work I was preparing for delivery to a client. Luckily, I keep back-up files which kept the damage from being worse... but 20 hours of my own lost time is certainly bad enough (twenty hours I would have rather spent leaf-peeping, to be honest with you).

I was, however, quite pleased that over the weekend visit to New York I was able to do my first maternity session with a beautiful Irish-American rock star momma named Erin.



The day after my maternity session with Erin, I did my first newborn photo session with teeny tiny Persian-American Sufi, who is two months new.



Wow, though I won't be able to go through all these photos for awhile now due to workflow, I am so excited to see how they all turned out!

No comments: