Wednesday, October 25, 2006

whew! I need a vacation!

The wedding photography profession is interesting to me. It's heavy-duty out-of-control business through the end of October, and then... nothing... for four months. I expect that has a lot to do with the fact that I am new on the market, because surely there are some people out there who get married in the winter. I have a couple of big events booked between now and March, but I am secretly thrilled to have some weekend time back to myself after this weekend's wedding closes out the heavy work season.

In a month or so I will probably be bored and create photo projects for myself (in queue: musicians of Boston conservatories, and a women-centered program like that of Dove's campaign for real beauty). This winter I would like to photograph children playing in the snow, and also learn more about studio lighting. I'll be scouting out local indoor spots for on-location engagement sessions, and learning more and more about the wonders of Nikon equipment.

But first, I think I will take a rest.

No comments: