Monday, March 12, 2007

Amy & Jeff : March 10

I have to say that we had more fun this past Saturday than I have ever had doing portraits at a wedding! Amy & Jeff arranged it so that we had some time between their getting ready and the start of the ceremony to make use of the grounds at The Barn at Gibbett Hill in Groton. In our original interview I found out that these two share my distaste for "hallmark moment" photos, like the kissing couple silhouette against a fake-looking sunset. We joked that since they were getting married at a barn, we'd have to be sure to include some cows in the photos.

I held them to that comment, and we went out near the bull pen on the grounds of the barn. It was too muddy and inaccessible to go up to the stone castle up the hill, and the grass all around was brown and dead, accentuated with dirty snow. So we made great use of the cows and the red of the venue, and got some really stunning images. This wedding coincides with my re-doing of decenturbanweddings.org, so I am thrilled that we had such a great set of images.



We were laughing at the sheer absurdity of the situation - Amy was dressed in a gorgeous dress and holding these flowers, meanwhile the bull was over there snotting and lowing and generally showing a distanced interest in what we were doing. Perhaps her flowers looked delicious to him. I don't know. But I do know that Amy lights up when Jeff is around. I noticed that her entire demeanor changed when he arrived on the scene, and also that when they are having fun together her nose gets a cute little wrinkle as she laughs. You can kind of see it in the photo above.



Believe it or not, there was only a minute or two between these two images. What a different look! Isn't she stunning? I can think of no other word for her in this photo.

Of course I will link it up when we have a selects gallery ready to go. You people MUST see these photos.

No comments: