Monday, June 11, 2007

well, THAT was exhausting

I won't take two weddings in one day, but occasionally I shoot two in one weekend. This was one of those weekends. I estimate that I was at wedding venues for approximately 24 hours over the course of two and a half days. I'm really happy that the couples were cool and the venues were new and interesting, because... yeah... that was a lot of time on my feet.

My second shooters were champs, staying even longer than I asked them to stay and helping out with various tasks like dumping memory cards on a backup drive, climbing up to the roof for a group shot, and lighting a 1940 getaway car for my long exposure near midnight.

I always give myself a couple of days before even looking at the photos, but Gwyneth has been busy and has already shown me this FANTASTIC image from Holly and Marc's seaside Gloucester wedding.

I love everything about this image. I think it is a perfect storyteller while still showing enough of the environment. I love the women's legs, the groomsmen stooped down, the anticipation of Holly about to be seen for the first time, the maid of honor Jannique peeking out with me from behind the JP... and of course little Leila and her eager enthusiasm.


image copyright june 2007 gwyneth dahler

No comments: